Monday 28 July 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy!

It’s been a week and a bit since my last post, due to the amount of soap making and summer craft fairs/shows we’ve attended. I’d better give you a quick update.

Friday night, the 18th, David and I headed North for the Inverness Highland Games. We chose the easy option of a Premier Inn for our ‘keeling over and passing out from exhaustion’ sleep over. We got to Inverness around 10ish and tried to check in. No reservations in our names!?! We’d gone to the wrong Premier Inn! Found the right one 10 minutes later, so, not so bad. Saturday and Sunday we set up shop. Struggled with the wind which tried to blow the tent over regularly, but we survived unscathed.


Ewer & Basin by Len Whatley, Crieff Ceramics, made especially for Barony's first Trade Show.


Monday was delivery day. First soap delivery of the day was made to Len at Crieff Ceramics. It was a glorious day so when I arrived Len was outside enjoying the sun and having a wee tea break. Unfortunately I didn’t have time to take him up on the lovely offer of a cuppa… maybe, no definitely, next time. I had to shoot off back to Gloagburn Farm Shop at Tibbermore to delivery their first order. I’ve loved going to Gloagburn for a few years now, and it’s only a few miles down the road from us. I love their café and all their quirky gifts in their shop. I sure Barony Soap will fit right in.

So without sampling any of their yummy raspberry meringues (which I have done on several previous occasions) David and I drove off into wide blue yonder, well Blairgowrie (it could’ve been – I haven’t been to Blair in ages) to deliver the last order of the day.

400 bars - various types - of Barony Soap were delivered to a team heading off to the Interceltique Festival in France as part of a VisitScotland campaign. A bit coals to Newcastle, I know, but some had a distinctly Scottish lilt to them (whisky, heather and oatmeal soaps). Along with a few other companies Barony Soaps were asked to supply products made in Perthshire. It was my friend Lisa at Primrose Hill Interiors who passed my web page details on to the organisers. Thanks again Lisa. Be sure to visit Lisa’s website and blog. She’s a dab hand at this blog thingy (unlike yours truly who’s just started).

So the weekend just past we had three shows, the Comrie Fortnight opening, Arbroath Seafront Spectactular and Hopetoun House Summer Fair. Today I will be making up orders for Tuesday’s delivery to Scone Palace and Buy Designs in Alyth. Next show is Perth Show on Friday 1st and Saturday 2nd of August. Hope to see you then.

No comments: