Sunday 4 September 2011

Open Studios Day 2

We had another busy day today with lots of interesting visitors all with varying levels of quilting experience but all with that recognisable obsession with fabrics and everything crafty. It's always exciting to see who will walk through my workshop door.

A couple who really took me by surprise was Brian and Carole from Beechwood Quilting. They came for a look round and we had a good long chat about long arm quilting and my slight fear of it (not wanting to ruin a carefully pieced quilt top with a pitiful attempt of LAQ). I've had their website on my 'Favourites List' for a long while now and always promised myself to contact them to get some tuition. Having met them face-to-face I know their classes will be superb, They have lots of quilting experience and are really easy to talk to. Hop over to their website for the full run down of what they can offer. I'm already planning a visit to see their studio and get some tips. I also had two commissions today, one from one of the neighbours for a quilted teapot stand, the other for two fabric boxes. We only had one person try the Singer who did quite well due to his wool spinning experience and Dave ate more cakes than yesterday despite me using the till all day!

P.s. I forgot to mention yesterday I met Yvonne from Marshmallow Moon. Yvonne is a needle felter who lives about 7 miles away. I've a couple pieces of her work which I bought from a great gift shop, An Cnoc, in Crieff but had never met her until yesterday. Hopefully she will be doing the Perthshire Open Studios 2012.

No comments: