Tuesday 5 August 2008

Learning to Blog - Old News

I think I'm getting better at this blogging thing. So, I've moved a wee report about the Royal Highland Show from the news page on the website to here. After reading it again I did chuckle. They often say 'you'll laugh about it one day'... so true, so true!
We've just come back from the Royal Highland Show...
and we're exhausted!
Claire at RHS 19th-22nd June 2008
This has been the largest show David & I have exhibited at to date and a very steep learning curve on how much preparation is needed for such an event. I don't think I saw my pillow until 3am throughout. You see, we sold out of our 4 most popular bars twice over, which was great. Just when I thought I had enough, someone would buy 5 bars of one type to ensure they had enough until the next time they saw us. (note: you can order online at anytime and we'll post them out to you)

We did have a few 'character building' hiccups along the way...
Our cash box fell off our sack barrow into a big, wet, mud puddle, and yes we did have to fish pennies from the depths!
The night before show-day I decided our stall looked awful. So after a few heated words between Dave and myself, we spent a fortune in a rather famous Swedish store to rectify the stall staging problems.
And we constantly ran out of pound coins for change (extra special thanks to my good friend and erm, 'Marketing Manger' Gill who is now on first name terms with the ladies maning the Bank of Scotland branch at the show - Gill also helped man the stand on the Saturday and I owe her a slap up meal for her help)

All in all, though, we had a super time meeting everyone and chatting about different scents evoking childhood memories, finding the right soap bar for Great Aunt Meg, which teacher was going to receive the raspberry or lemongrass & lime bath fizz and I even christened a new bar.... Monkey Business - soon to be on these pages.

So, The Perthshire Showcase is the next show you will be able to visit us at. Do you think we'll be better prepared for that one? me, neither!

No comments: