Sunday 10 August 2008

Lucky Dust on my path

Last night I was at a bit of a loss as what to do with my Sunday, seeing that the Perth Highland Games trade stalls were cancelled. I suppose I’ll start with telling you about how lucky I was yesterday and how I ended up having a great day selling my soap today.

It was Crieff’s Monthly Market on Saturday and it was a complete and utter washout. The first stall packed up at 11am then more & more slinked off until only the (fool) hardy were left, until around 3pm. We all then decide it was a loosing battle and packed up.

Due to the early finish, I had time to pop into Perth for some bits ‘n’ pieces for the workshop at around 4:30pm. Now, I really grudge paying for a full hour’s parking to nip into a shop for 5 mins but then again I don’t want to park somewhere it’ll get in the way/parking fine/car scratched so I usually swear at the poor ticket machine and pay my hard earned pennies. However, yesterday I parked up and the little boy from the car next door chapped on my window and presented a parking ticket. His father shouted across the seat ‘There’s 15 mins left on his ticket, would that be enough?’ Perfect and perfect timing too! (I know you’re not really allowed to transfer parking tickets but I’m sure everyone does it).

Next, I needed to get some brilliant 'Lock & Lock' storage boxes from Lakeland so I drove to a car park nearer to the shop (really bulky shopping, honest). As I hop-skipped to the penny guzzler, and just before I fed the thing, I heard a car horn peep. I turned around and again a man shouted at me ‘Will quarter past five do you?’ What’s the chance of that happening twice in one day?

I bought a Perthshire Advertiser and a lottery ticket (first time for me, never seen the point before) on the way home. Well, after all the excitement I only got one number, oh well, the lucky streak had run out, or so I thought…



Perthshire Advertiser Friday 8th July 2008
This is the first time I’d heard of the market. I made a wee cheeky phone call to the Hydro at 9:30pm. After a quick chat to the organiser of the event I had a stall for the day.


Crieff Hydro Hotel Summer Market Sunday 10th August 2008

It was mainly dry with a couple of showers but it still made for a really profitable day. I really do think someone sprinkled some ‘lucky dust’ on my path this weekend.

I hope yours was just as good.
C.

3 comments:

Primrose Hill said...

Hi Claire,

Have done a little post about you today, so hopefully you'll get some visitors!
Love the blog, you've been posting loads, keep it up!
Spoke to Becky yesterday and she's got you down for a stall at her Christmas Fair, Dec 5th & 6th, with a ladies night on the Friday evening (4th) so hopefully you can make it. It's always great fun with lots of lovely customers.

Speak to you soon,

L x

Just Original said...

Hi There,

Just popped over from Lisa @ Primrose Hill. You have been very busy lately with all the fairs you have been doing.

I love you soap, smelled all the varieties at Lisa's when I visited her in July whilst on hoilday near by.

Will pop back soon

Vanessa x

Claire Robertson said...

ooh, visitors. welcome, welcome and come on in, I'll get the cupcakes out and we'll have a cup o tea. Thank you Vanessa for stopping by and thanks Lisa for the mention on your great blog. My soap looks lovely in your photo with a bit of your styling.