Sunday 16 November 2008

My brother-in-law is the Stig!

It's been another busy weekend at Barony with the Lanark Christmas Market and The Angus Craft Association Craft Fair in the Perth Concert Hall both on.
This gave us a bit of a logistics problem. Lanark is nearly 2hrs away meaning a 6am start for Dave (who gets all the good jobs). There was no option to set up in Perth on Friday leaving me with two problems. Although I can manage smaller shows in my wee 2-seater car taking all of the kit needed for bigger shows is impossible, and given that our backing is 7 feet tall and I'm not setting it all up is also impossible on my own (why else do you think I married 6' 2" Dave!). Luckily Dave has a brother, Sandy, with a big 4x4 to fit all the stuff into and tall enough to build the stand.
Due to the lack of parking at the concert hall everyone was given an offloading time, ours was 7:40. When we arrived it was the usual pandamonium with cars and vans parked everywhere. Not that this bothered Sandy, who without a second thought reversed his 4x4 (which has no rear window) through the abandoned vehicles, using his mirrors and only one hand, right up to the loading bay. I was very impressed, especially as I had a lot less carrying to do than expected.
If you are still wondering about the title of this post... I was watching TopGear (Ok, I'm a BIT of a Richard Hammond fan) tonight where the Stig used the exact same reversing technique as Sandy had used. I'm sure Sandy is the Stig!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Claire,
It was lovely to meet you at Perth at the weekend, I haven't opened my soap yet but can not wait to try it. You have a great web site too, you obviously put alot of care and attention into you business and alot of personal touches too and it shows.
Thanks again
Tammy x

Claire Robertson said...

Many thanks Tammy, I'm always really chuffed when people leave comments on my wee blog. It makes it all worthwhile. Let me know how you get on with the soap and I'm waiting to find out whether it's the Turkish Delight or the I've Got A Lovely Bar Of Coconut that's the overall winner!

C