Tuesday 18 November 2008

CSTA AGM (and how to avoid eye contact)

Tonight Dave and I attended the Crieff & Strathearn Tourist Association AGM in the Drawing Room of Crieff Hydro Hotel.

Barony joined the CSTA last year mainly because members received a discount on their market stall at the Crieff Monthly Market but we also thought it was an ideal way to keep up to date with what is happening in the area and since Crieff is our nearest market we wanted to become a regular stall holder, we have attended every market (come rain or shine, but mostly rain!) since our first one in July 2007. This had been noticed by the CSTA commitee and mention at a meeting we attended last month. As the AGM was looming large there was a call put out for new commitee members to join the board. Tonight the Chair asked for new board members, and always at these sort of things, all of a sudden the carpet pattern seemed really interesting for most of the room or the more daring delegates nominated other people to get the attention away from themselves. I gazed at the swirls!

I thought I got away with it pretty well until our track record was mentioned and all of a sudden I found myself being nominated to help in a working group to suggest ways the monthly market could move forward and improve (as I've seen it from the side of a stall holder and not the market organisers). I was shocked but secretly quite excited. I hope I've time to do my duty to the best I can. Still quite glad I'm not on a commitee.

Oh, and the oatcakes & cheese were lovely too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Claire & Dave

Great to see you both at the Hydro last night, fab news about Claire's new appointment!

I have been recruited onto the committee so look forward to working with you both in the not so distant future!

Cheers

Geoff

p.s. Glad you enjoyed the nibbles :o)