Thursday 23 April 2009

Civic Duty?

Barony 4 Bar Gift Boxes

Dave has been busy over the last few days making 12 of our handmade wooden gift boxes. These are to be used as gifts for dignitaries visiting Perth & Kinross Council. I'm not sure where they will all go to but the first one was needed today for a visitor from France. I'm quite chuffed they chose Barony as it is recognition that my products are good enough to represent Perthshire around the world (wow, little ol' me?). I love all the bows lined up, don't they look so pretty?

This is the second time we have done this type of thing. Back in January we supplied VisitScotland with some of my Scottish themed bars to go into press packs for journalists attending Homecoming presentations throughout Europe. I still can't quite get my head around my soap is being used to give journalists a flavour (or scent) of Scotland to encourage them to publicise Scotland and attract visitors here. I'm not so great at self promotion and I'm still a very small company so when I get order like the ones above I still pinch myself and then spent a few minutes daydreaming about which country my products will end up in. My soap is definitely wider travelled than me!

VisitScotland - Homecoming branded soap

1 comment:

Aileen Clarke Crafts said...

That's well deserved recognition Claire : ) These bars of soap look much more exciting than a bit of shortbread or a bag of oatcakes....well, i love both but it's nice to see Visit Scotland and Perth Council doing something different :)