Wednesday 13 May 2009

Mud Pack for Cars?

Well, last weekend was a bit of a washout... Did you see the weather, huh? Our new tent was brilliant, though. It kept us dry through the downpours while others got drenched. At least 3 other traders asked us for the tent manufacturer's details. 
So as you can imagine the ground was sodden and quickly churned up into a quagmire. Lots of cars, vans and even 4X4s at the mercy of the towing carts, everyone waiting patiently to be saved.
I looked after the stall on Saturday and when I returned home, in my wee car caked in mud, Dave made a few mocking comments about women drivers and being pulled out of the field by a tractor. I was none too pleased as I thought I'd done particularly well compared to others who were stuck fast as soon as they tried to pull off.
Sunday's weather was a bit sunnier (still with the all too frequent passing downpours!) and a bit busier. Dave helped to man the stall so to cheer myself up I went to get some sinful dark chocolate fudge from Laura's Chocolates  and did a bit of Welly Watching!
And lastly, my pair! I love my lime green wellies

At around 5pm I packed away the stall and Dave dismantled the tent. The car was loaded up and we tried to set off. Dave pulled away with a smug grin and all was going well until we got to the bit I needed to get towed out of.... yep, Dave got stuck too. I didn't say anything, just enjoyed the moment! 

No comments: