Sunday 27 November 2011

Popular Patchwork


A while ago I was at the Festival of Quilts in Birmingham and met the editor of Popular Patchwork Magazine. We got chatting about my wee shop and she really liked the sound of it so said she would write a piece for the magazine. I wasn't sure if I should believe her or not, my wee shop is not full of thousands of bolts of fabric like many you see in magazines, only a couple of hundred (at the moment - *hears my husband groan*). I didn't think there would be enough to write about, but she did come over to Barony HQ to do an interview and take lots of photos. I still didn't think she would really put it in the magazine, but the December issue is now in the shops, and there is a little piece on me! It features some of my Moda Flurry Christmas Fabrics and some Christmas Bunting featuring letters cut using my Slice Fabrique. I've never been in a national magazine before (although, I was once on the centre page of the Daily Mail for standing on a plinth for an hour!). A big thank you to Jane.

No comments: